"When things fall apart and you think 'all I can do is pray' don't forget that prayer and Jesus are everything, and using Him is your best option"
Two tragedies have struck in the past week.
One of our American directors had a stroke and wasn't making much recovery in the hospital. Therefore, she will go back to America and get treatment there and return with her husband in Sept. It's like losing our Big Mama. She's that important.
And then today I found out there was a death at Cohutta Springs Youth Camp, the sister Adventist camp to Indian Creek Camp, in the business of leading kids to Christ. A mighty work. A wake boarding accident that normally brings much excitement ended in sadness when the two boarders collided in midair. One boarder was greatly injured while the other was found face first in the water, not breathing. Although every saving measure was taken to revive the boarder, he unfortunately passed after reaching the hospital. 23. Young. A life nonetheless. Nothing less than a tragedy.
I didn't know the young man well. We exchanged words once when I visited the camp a couple of summers ago. He drove me and friends around in the boat. It was great. Even in that little interaction, I saw Jesus in Him.
Other friends of mine, those who worked with him or knew him in small time, are taking it worse.
While in limbo about details concerning the accident, I asked my friend, Jeffrey Brownlow, if he heard the news. He told me he knew the guy for 19 years of his life.
Woah. Wasn't ready. I narrowed down all the potential people fitting all the descriptions and figured out who it was.
And then I wanted to just hug Jeffrey. I mean what do you do at a time when your bro is hurting and you're on the other side of the world? Your options are limited. I wanted to sit and laugh with him and remind him of God's goodness and providence. Or just be there. That's what some people need.
Then I thought of the family, and my other friends who knew him, and cohutta springs, and the campers, and all the lives he touched. I thought, "man, I can't do much on this side f the world. I feel so bad. I guess all i can do is pray"
All I can do is pray?
ALL I can do is pray?!?
As if it's my last resort that may or may not solve the problem.
MY JESUS IS EVERYTHING THOUGH!
I remembered. Jesus is the best option. He's the best cure. He's still the answer for our world, for Christians and even for those who don't except him.
So yes, I'm going to pray. I'm going to pray and give it to Jesus; because let's face it, we never had control anyway. We never knew what we were doing.
Jesus is going to hug the boarder's family. He's going to wipe the tears of all the camp staff at Cohutta springs. He's going to be near to my bro Jeff and all those affected.
And He's going to do a good job. A bang up job. He's going to be so much more for them than what I ever could be.
So I'll pray here. I'll give it to God. I cry and mourn for all affected by this. I cry for all affected by sin, cause let's face it; that is the real problem. But nice thing about this war we're in: it's already been won. It's been won for the boarder, won for you, won for me. His death is but a testimony that God knows what He's doing. Still.
So I will pray. It's ALL and EVERYTHING. That can be done.
These tragedies may have hit close to home, but it's nice to know that this boarder and many other, myself included, are going to a better Home someday.
You just wait and see.
And pray.
Praise be.
No comments:
Post a Comment