Wednesday, January 21, 2015

What It's Like to be Completely Scared

I have much to be thankful for. I received not a one, not a five, but a ten year visa from the Indian Embassy, which seems unheard of considering the politics surrounding Christian/Muslim/Hindu relations. I got my new permanent teeth that I have been waiting for for over 2 years (one does feel a little wobbly). I received my Approval to test yesterday and scheduled my test for the 4th of February. I bought my ticket for India and will be leaving on the 15th of Feb and coming back in Dec, as long as I pass my boards. I got some immunizations up to date and was scared out of my right mind by the PA who pretty much told me I need to be weary of dying of various diseases and need to buy ALL the meds. All that on top of studying for my NCLEX itself is a lot to swallow in a day. Overwhelming, definitely. Scary, impeccably. Life-changing? Every morning is life changing. Every day presents with its new struggles, or the same ones. Every day, the devil is prowling. Every day, the world is changing. Every day, time as we know it lessens. The fears and unknowns, the ifs, ands, and buts, the longitudes and latitudes are all pointing somewhere. When we blink, we often lose track of where we are going. However, Christ's light shines fairly bright. Brighter than we think. It matters more of what fears and insecurities and trash we have piled in front of that light.

And so, I've decided to be a little reckless. I'm going to take the Word and shovel away the wall of fears and insecurities and meditate on the promises that ring as true today as they did yesterday, and the day before. Because Jesus is the same yesterday, today and forever (Heb 13:8), thats all I need to know that He will shelter, guide, shield, prepare, and embrace me. Not to believe that nothing bad will ever come my way; instead to go to the Lord with thanksgiving, in prayer and supplication, and make my requests known to Him (Phil 4:6, 7). He'll listen. I'll be alright. And He'll be there when I'm completely scared. And I believe I'm ok with that.

Hobey ho and here we go,
Kameron

No comments:

Post a Comment