"Parents get pretty excited about their kids coming home after a long time; now imagine how happy God will be when His children finally make it Home."
I've counted, and I officially have 24 children here in India. I think I'll take the time to list them all for you:
Cornel, Roben, Mithun, Sunita, Juba, Asana, Tumpa, Bimola, Themyaophy, Eunice, Chandramoni, Kristina, Ruth, Rumila, Webuilui, Elina, Blessingson, Timrei, Hasina, Grace, Muthu, Silas, Robert, and Suban.
They come and go sometimes, to travel, to take care of business, to change schools, and the like. We haven't all been together for awhile and my heart yearned for that reunion for months. And then it came.
Robert returned after a 3+ month hiatus away from the school to try out a different school. He kinda just left and never came back (or so we thought). That happens. Hasina returned from Kolkata and didn't get married like I told her not to. That also happens often. And my oldest, Suban, who I love so much came back from his work. He's pretty much the boss.
My heart was filled with joy to see them all here. Even though hugs aren't very acceptable in this culture, I've earned enough trust and respect with the guys to hug them. At first it was awkward; but now I just go for it. They don't seem to mind anymore.
And so we're back together.
For another 3 months and 21 days. Or at least that's the approximate time frame.
I'm not sure how this latter "almost" four months will lass. I'm not sure how many more times I'll get upset about having to leave. I don't know how many times I will threaten to never return to my family. I don't know how much more I will procrastinate in taking this class at my college and risk failing the class all together. I'm not sure how many more times my kids will make me upset, or happy, or make me laugh. I'm not sure how many more memories will be made, how much garo will be learned, or how many villagers will try and marry me off.
All this gets me to thinking about God's children, His redeemed, those who choose Him. A quote by Ellen White states that "Christ is waiting with longing desire for the manifestation or himself in his church. When the character of Christ shall be perfectly reproduced in His people, then He will come to claim them as His own."
Christ wants us home pretty bad. Really bad. I don't think we can even imagine. This is more than just a longing that that one boy had for Shadow to come home in Homeward Bound. This isn't even the same longing that a wife has for her husband in military service who has been gone the duration of her pregnancy (and he will soon meet his child for the first time).
This is something so much greater. Jesus wants us now. He wants His saved. He wants His children. He wants the cows to come home. To stop feeding in the yellow pasture and come feed in the green one that's unlike any other.
Yet His mercy and love is shown in the waiting. He's giving out everyone's ticket over and over again, hoping they will take it and get on His train, that will take them to heaven. And even when we say "not now" or "no" or thousands of other things, He continues to offer the ticket to the greatest place on earth.
The way that a mother wants all 4 of her kids home for the holiday, Jesus wants all of His kids home for the Reunion. For that great day. If you didn't know, it's going to be pretty much out of this world.
We actually are leaving this world.
Alabanza.
I indeed can't wait. But I know Jesus can't wait either. Even more. He's probably antsy in His pants (does Jesus wear pants??)
I hope I'm antsy to see Him, like I was antsy for my kids to return. Hopefully more.
It must be our choice to want to go home. The way is clear, and the Guide is waiting. We just have to chose. Everyday.
Cause sometimes we chose Jesus one day, but chose the world another. Or self, or success, or our desires, or even service for the Lord that He really doesn't want us to do. In everything, especially for Him, it must be what He wants.
And so people, friends, family... It's time now.
Like right now.
No hesitation can be there. Choosing Jesus every second of your life will be worth it. For I said it before and I'll say it again, "JESUS IS EVERYTHING"
So join these weird bunch of cows who praise a risen Lord who wants to claim us, the messed up and filthy, as His own.
It's going to be a pretty good journey. And the destination is quite Paká!
The Farmer is waiting.
"Get a 'moo' on!"
Praise be.
Kam, I've never been so excited to be called a cow. :) Praise God for your witness! Praying for your next few months... I feel you.
ReplyDelete