Saturday, December 1, 2018

Debt free, broke, and a world traveler

It's better to have no money but have experience be your currency than for you to be rich, ignorant and lifeless.— quote


In 17 days, I'm going back to my second home again for the third time. India, for periods here and there, felt like my first home because of all the family I had made and all the experience I had. It has that way about it, where the people there reminded me of my home family with all the traits that come with home life: love, trials, frustration. I just rounded off my third full year back in America and in February of next year, I will have known my kids in India for 4 years.

It truly is wild to think that 4 years ago they weren't around because they have been so crucial in the most recent years of my life. I don't say thank you enough to the Lord for allowing me a place in their intricate life and for the opportunity to be loved and cherished in this capacity. I think I'll say thank you more and maybe begin to see the blanket of blessings drowning me because of them.

Many people are surprised that I'm going back for the third time. They say, "you must really like it there huh?!" To which I reply, "oh yea, best year of my life." I really want to give a whole speech on how drastically such an experience has made me who I am today, but then I remember that most people don't really have the time nor the desire to hear the entire story. I've learned to be ok with that.

I accomplished my goal and little "plan" for my life since I came back the first time. I spoke with the Lord and told Him how I wanted to come back to America for the purpose of getting my nursing experience and paying off my loans. Those were my two biggest goals. I knew I wanted to do this mission work overseas thing for the long term, and I didn't want to be held back because I had to pay off school loans for the rest of my life. Not about that. But the funny thing is, the Lord orchestrated my life in such a way, even with the occasional bump in the road, that this dream became a reality in seemingly record time for the amount of debt I had.

Sure I'm broke now, and never had such little money in my working life and it truly makes me depend on the Lord for supplying my needs from His unseen treasury; yet, I'm ok with that. I have a sense of purpose at my young age that many don't feel they have by the time they're fifty. I've lived in many ways, more than others, but have so much more to experience; and that's the exciting part. And it's this experience that has truly shaped me from the Kameron of 2014 to the Kameron of 2018. My world travels and have opened up the doors of life with abundance and shown me that there are plenty out there who need to know Jesus. And not just know Him, but know Him and be ready for the world's last closing events. They shall be rapid ones as we are told. Therefore, I have grown ok with not living the typical American life where it can be very easy to find comfort and security in what one can do for oneself. I think I'd rather live my life trying to do what I can for those who need it and counting on God to do what He does for me, for them, and everyone else.

My goal for this next stage of my life is to be more serious and work on my relationship with Him and always stay within His will even when I'm broke and living from experience to experience. Whether this next stage has me on a high of life or in the drudges of my darkest times, I want to look up and still be able to see Him. I want Him to be proud of me and me to always call Him my Father. I want to always have my name in His Book of Life and hold tight to my crown, for nothing in this world is worth losing out on that. And you can take that to the bank.

So here's to no more loans, being broke in the world but rich in the Lord and the experience of being loved by an all powerful and all amazing Father. I'll toast to that.

Hobey ho and here we go.

Kam

No comments:

Post a Comment