Friday, March 6, 2015

Sing a Song to the Lord

On Friday nights here at the compound, the guys sing hymns and old songs at the top of their lungs. Its quite fantastic. They don’t care who hears them. They sing anyway. In fact, they aren’t ashamed to do a lot of things. It’s one thing about the guys that makes them so awesome. Oh yea, I forgot to introduce them. There is Blessingson, Bamuram, Suban, Mitun, Muktu, Silas, Robert, Maneese, Timray, Cornel, Rueben, and I think that’s it. Pictures to come soon. All the guys have their own personalities. They are incredibly hilarious, some outgoing, some to themselves, some always smiling, others always displaying the criminal look. They have really grown on me in the 7 days that I have known them. I’m already excited to see how much more times we’ll have together.

Back to the singing. Why don’t we sing more often? Why don’t we care who hears? Why don’t we sing at the tops of our lungs until we’re thrown out into the streets? And even then, we should keep singing. This message we have for the world is so incredible! It must to be preached. And if we don’t tell them, then who will? So many are hurting and crying out for something more than what this world has to offer.

Today, we met a family that told us all about their financial problems, including being held at gunpoint by drug lords for not paying back some kind of debt. They have 10 kids. If any of them died, how would the family go on? We prayed for them. We prayed in faith that according to the Lord’s riches and glory, He would provide for this family.

This is only one reason we should never stop singing. Because the world needs to hear the good news. Lift up your voices. It’s not a matter of whether or not you can sing or if you know the language or it not. It matters what message you are singing. What message are you singing? I ask myself what song I am singing. I hope and pray it’s a song of urgency to this world to prepare for the coming of the Lord, because according to the blessed voices of the Young Men of Springs of Love, soon and very soon, we are going to see the King.


And they all said, Alabanza.

No comments:

Post a Comment