This is a shout out.
A shout out to my first haircut in India.
A shout out to the "little clippers that could" for cutting my hair. When I originally thought it wouldn't be strong enough to cut thick African American hair, I should have went with that original thought.
A shout out to using my bed sheet as the draw sheet around my neck. It wasn't as effective as a barber's, but hey, I'm in India.
A shout out to trying to use a guard to cut a little bit at a time. It wasn't really working because my hair is as thick as the jungle here. And so thought, ok maybe I'll just do no guard and take it all off. And so I went straight razor and shaved off a little portion in the front. Then I felt the clippers catch my Aunt Jemimah thick curls and I heard the struggle the clippers were having... I thought, oh snap, these clippers aren't Goin to be able to finish the job I have just started.
A shout out to my sympathetic nervous system for putting me in fight or flight mode as I thought I would look so trashy with the barely started haircut.
And then a shout out to Sengnap sir for coming to the rescue. He's a Garo teacher here. Pretty cool dude. He offered to take over. And so he took the clippers and went to work. I could tell this was his hardest cut yet. After trying so hard with "the little clippers that could" and making such little progress, he decided to use his barber scissors. I was very skeptical at first, thinking there is no way this will work, but...
A shout out to Sengnap sir for being the man and cutting my hair with scissors. He cut it low enough so that "the little clippers that could" could finish the job. It took over an hour, but I'll take it.
A shout out to being bald. It wasn't a bad look. I decided to keep the beard cause the bros from home told me I had to keep the hair growing for the whole year.
A shout out to being a bald bearded man. Everyone thinks I'm a grieving Hindu because supposedly, that's what grieving Hindus do: they shave their heads. This would be interesting I thought.
A shout out to new things. To new experiences. To living a little recklessly with no regrets.
A shout out to Jesus for giving me this incredible opportunity to serve.
A shout out to Alabanza.
No comments:
Post a Comment