Tonight we had one of those hour long bible studies where half the time, uncle bill was recapping on the past bible study: about the sunday law, the beasts of revelation, the papacy and the like. Stuff heard from sabbath school and pictures colored from those coloring pages (you know you're adventist when your coloring sheets are of the statue in Daniel 2). When you talk about the end of time it can get you a little scared but also very excited for the coming of our Lord. And you just pray that everyone is ready.
On the flip side, today was such a nice day with the kids. It's times like today that I will remember: playing lazy volleyball with the guys where we spend half the time laughing, Davin is still the volleyball police, playing all the positions, and we're all just having a great time. Moreover, days like today where I laugh with the girls at dinner about random funny stuff, will not be forgotten. It's always times like these that always remind me that I leave in December. The girls have already planned to save money so they can travel back with me to kolkata to see me off at the airport. It hurts to think of it. For the first time since I've been here, I felt like honestly crying. Not because I miss the American life or my school or even friends and family; the feelings come from the thought of some day having to say bye to this place. Not being able to teach the kids math and trying very hard to empower them that they can learn this concept if they can learn 5 languages. Not being able to sneak chilies into my food because they aren't allowed. Not being able to diagnose all the boys with some disease that they probably don't have. They're just messing around. Not being Able to hear Mingum scream the dogs's names when it's time to eat. Not being able to make those foreigner mistakes.
All this made me want to hold on to Jesus. To talk to and walk with and dance with Jesus. What would it be like? Can we imagine it. He leads i assume. But what is the movement like? Are we moving our own feet with His, stepping on His toes, or are we being carried like a father carries his young daughter, doing all the movements until we let go? Idk. The only thing I knew and know now, at this moment, is that I want to dance with Jesus. I want to dance with him through the villages as I try and learn garo and Hindi. I want to dance my way through the rest of this year. And dance my way through the rest of life. Dance through the storms and the calm days. On the streets and through the by ways. Through every trial and every tribulation because we must see who will stand for Jesus when time gets rough. Until it is well with my soul and I am standing on that beautiful shore where the sun doesn't need to shine because Jesus is enough. That's some day. So bright I'm sure. So glorious. I can't comprehend. After all. After all, he is holy.
No comments:
Post a Comment